openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Dev] Move hard coded runtime configurations from OpenWhisk CLI to the runtimes.json
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 07:48:48 GMT
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s used in the backend; I don’t think it has an impact on the client
> yet. Eventually all the execs will be attached, and the code potentially
> excluded on fetch (today the controller inlines the code into the rest of
> the metadata).

Thanks Rodric! Noted!

I updated the OW controller (API) to add the file extension property to the
runtimes and tried to deploy that change in OW Vagrant environment.
However, I could not get it deployed. Would you mind letting me know how
you setup an OW dev environment? Do you use Vagrant or Docker Machine? I
also followed [1] but that also did not work properly. I would like to know
how you normally do development.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/blob/
master/tools/macos/README.md

Thanks