openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updates of OpenWhisk Release
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:16:52 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...Our tool to manage the release process of OpenWhisk is currently on track
> and open to any tests and comments....

As an incubation mentor I'm not necessarily interested in all the
details of the release tools, but more on the overall release process
and artifacts.

Are those tools ready for the PPMC to start preparing the first
release of a significant OpenWhisk module?

If yes I think that's the best way of validating them and the
understanding of the release process by the PPMC.

The way it works is that a release candidate is voted upon here before
moving to the Incubator PMC vote which is required to authorize the
release.

So having imperfect release candidates is not a problem, they can be
discussed and improved here without bothering the Incubator PMC.

-Bertrand