openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Kumar Subramanian <kumarsubr...@vmware.com>
Subject Install Api Gateway in dcos
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 01:27:32 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to install OpenWhisk on Mesos Cluster.

I followed the steps described at https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-devtools/tree/1f42e6057de42babc2bf88870fabb61d172d728d/dcos-universe

Steps Completed:

  1.  In the universe home directory, run command ./scripts/build.sh.
  2.  Upload /target/repo-up-to-1.8.json to a host service (e.g. AWS S3)
     *   Make sure Content-Type = application/vnd.dcos.universe.repo+json in the file's headers.
  3.  In DC/OS admin console, under System > Overview > Repositories, add the link to
the new repository.

Note: I’ve attached the repository file repo-uo-to-1.8.json.

Next:

  1.  I added the repository to dcos
  2.  Installed redis successfully.
     *   Container port : 6379
     *   Host: <host_ip>
     *   Ports: 3774
  3.  Then I tried to install api gateway package (default settings – mentioned below)

Stage I am stuck at:

  1.  Api Gateway Installation
     *   Environment: MarathonHost: http://marathon.mesos:8080

What’s happening? The (api gateway) service status shows waiting and there are no logs;
nothing getting deployed also.

Questions:

  1.  Why is it stuck and not even getting deployed?
  2.  How can I debug
  3.  Where can I look for logs
  4.  Is there anything wrong with my settings for api-gateway(from json file attached)?
  5.  Is there anything else that needs to be installed?

Thanks,
Kumar.