openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michele Sciabarra <openwh...@sciabarra.com>
Subject Submitted PRs for the revised Golang runtime and a PR for the client library
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:52:57 GMT
Hello, I just submitted 2 PR, a big one to incubator-openwhisk-runtime-go and a small extension
to incubator-opewhisk-client-go to add a helper for writing actions.

Notable changes:
- removed the handshake and completely revised the health check
- changed the protocol, now logs are in stdout and stderr, and output is on file-descriptor
 3
- using a (very small) library for golang actions, PR submitted to the go client library
- using the "official" golang docker images as a basis (just discovered some versions of go
actually uses libc, so alpine is not good enough)
- solved synchronization issues with the output and error logs and the "log guards"

Now, I want to implement SOURCE actions also for Go to be on par with Swift, and write tests
in Scala.
Actually I wrote the tests but I used "cram". I will write Scalatests too.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  openwhisk@sciabarra.com