openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Bickel" <apa...@cbickel.de>
Subject Hot standby controller
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:05:03 GMT
Hi,

some time ago, we started working on the scale out of the controllers.
One of our first steps was to deploy two controllers, but use the second one as hot standby
controller. At this time, this was an important step, because we had to handle cache-invalidation
first and solve Load-balancing-issues.
In the meantime all these issues are solved, and the default is that all controllers are used
round robin for months now.

We added a flag if the controllers should be used round robin or the second as hot standby.
This flag is set to "use all controllers round robin" for months now.

In my opinion, we don't need the hot standby ability anymore.
Does anyone has another opinion?

If not, I'll go forward with the following PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3266
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/3266) and let it merge.

Greetings