openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release policy compliance: Adding license headers and the excluded files
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:41:28 GMT
Hi Daisy,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyingc@cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...I use Apache Rat to audit license headers. I use wskdeploy repo as the trial repo.
> I reported an issue (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-wskdeploy/issues/716)
> to wskdeploy including a report generated by Apache Rat. In the report, all the files
> with unapproved licenses will be listed...

This sounds great.

What you want basically is that for any build that's meant to create a release:

-Rat should run
-The build should fail if Rat reports any anomalies
-The Rat exclusions should ideally be defined in the same way for all
modules, for consistency
-The Rat exclusions should be commented to indicate why each exclusion
(or family of exclusions) is here

I think this should be documented in a "coding standards" or "release
management" page, does OpenWhisk have this already?

-Bertrand (with my incubation mentor hat on)