openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Norris <tnor...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Db view updates
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:22:31 GMT
Hi -
I’m wondering about the best practice for updating existing couchdb instances with latest
views?

Not being an ansible or couchdb expert (and I didn’t find anything documented), I ended
up with this approach:
ansible-playbook -i environments/local setup.yml && ansible-playbook couchdb.yml --tags=ini
&& ansible-playbook -i environments/local initdb.yml wipe.yml -e forceRecreation=False

And I pass in additional -e flags to specify db host/user/password etc.

Is there some better way to do in-place deployment of latest views? I’d rather not call
wipe.yml, just in case someone forgets the forceRecreation=false...

Thanks for any advice!

Tyson