openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming OpenWhisk "Tech Interchange" Meeting - 6th December 2017
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 06:04:06 GMT
I would like to discuss on Publishing snapshot version of artifacts to
Apache Maven Repository [1]. This would simplify SPI development and
would be an step towards the proper release

1. Modify Gradle build to push following artifacts
   - common - jar, source jar
   - controller - jar, source jar and application tar
   - invoker - jar, source jar and application tar
2. Push these snapshot artifacts to Apache repo from the CI
3. Initial version to use - 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT?

I am new to Gradle so still figuring out the right approach. Looking
for existing example I see Apache Tapestry is also using Gradle and
doing what all an Apache project build requires for release. So using
that as a template for now [2]. However would need guidance from the
team to figure out the right way!

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots
[2] https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/blob/master/build.gradle

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Rob Allen <rob@akrabat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have our next OpenWhisk Tech Interchange meeting this Wednesday at 4pm GMT (11am EST,
8am PST) and I'm hosting it.

> Does anyone have any agenda items to discuss? Priti has already reserved a couple of
topics, but there's room for more if you have something you want to cover. Typically we cover
introductions to new features, educational how-tos, discussions on features/ideas and such
like.