openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk CLI separation from openwhisk repo: status and help
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:58:54 GMT
Dear OpenWhiskers

Want to first congratulate on Vincent on taking on the this major task on
separating the CLI from the openwhisk core repo, which required many
changes and a test framework based on REST API to replace the test cases
that were using the CLI.

During the last 5 months Vincent have also being manually syncing the CLI
code and related scala tests cases to the openwhiks-cli [1] and the
openwhisk-client-go [2] repositories.

Now what's left is to remove the CLI source code from the main repo,
Vincent have open PR #29179 [3], and I will merge the PR by silent
consensus if there are no objections in 72 hours, we'll merge the PR #2979.

After the merge I will start moving the CLI open issues from the core repo
to the openwhisk-cli repo [1].

We are also updating the runtimes and apigateway repos to adjust to the
change.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-client-go
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2979