openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: travis PR testing going red
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:18:47 GMT
I suggest for failing tests that we create heisenbug issues and investigate
them. Turning off tests shouldn't be an option.

I'm not sure it's entirely CRUD operations that are the issue. For example
in this build
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-openwhisk/builds/308624838 (PR
3017), the failing test does NO CRUD operations. It writes directly to
CouchDb and then queries the db for the records. So here I suspect
clustered couchdb.

We have nearly doubled the number of containers we're deploying in Travis:
2 couchdb instances, 2 kafka instances, 2 controllers, 2 invokers, and 2x+
stem cell containers at start up. This could be putting resource pressure
on the VM that slows things down.

-r