openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propose weekly "Technical Exchange" video meeting for OpenWhisk
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 09:17:36 GMT
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isabel@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Do people not on the call feel like they can follow the
> project?...

As someone who's mostly lurking so far I feel I'm losing some
information by not attending those calls - especially because it looks
like they are great exchanges ;-)

Something that might be worth trying is sending several messages to
this list during the call, one per "important" topic, with a subject
like marker like [call] and a brief summary of what was discussed,
action items etc.

Something like (just a fictional example of course :-/ )

***
[call] Rewriting the core in Visual Basic

We discussed this during the call (9:30 to 9:45 PST) and people fell
like we shouldn't do it right now.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/2841 is related as well as
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2850
***

Having the approximate times in there helps review the discussions in
the video recording.

I *think* this might be more useful than a set of notes (or
complementary maybe), it brings awareness of the calls here and it's
probably quick to write during the call.

That's just a suggestion, of course whoever does the work gets to decide.

-Bertrand