openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Bickel" <apa...@cbickel.de>
Subject Removal of controllers without an index
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:56:57 GMT
Hi,

In June, we've added the ability to deploy hot-standby controllers (fdbf073 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/commit/fdbf073a386c33aed1b06ed93eaea39ee4382c7b)).
With this commit, the containername of the controllers has been changed from controller to
controller0, controller1, ...
To not break the update of existing deployments we left the cleanup of containers called controller
in the cleanup script of the controller.
Since the change of renaming the containers is long time ago, we can remove this old code
now.
This will be done with the following PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2688
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2688)

If you still have a running environment with a controller without an index in its name and
you want to update this environment, you can remove this controller with docker rm controller
before you update the environment.

Greetings
Christian