openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Discussion: Should the catalog repository use a pinned version? (#2473)
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:42:54 GMT
FYI, Interesting discussion thread started in github...

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/2473

When installing the catalog, the HEAD of the master branch is currently
always pulled. While we take care to only merge stable changes, mistakes
can happen and bugs could be introduced. Instead of always pulling from
HEAD, we could pin this value to a specific tag or commit hash, which
requires a separate update (presumably after integration testing is done)
to pull in new versions.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/blob/master/ansible/group_vars/all#L257

Kind regards,
Matt