openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Werner <jeremias.wer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving support for UI driven use cases
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 12:48:42 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the write-up and the proposal. I think this is a nice idea and
sounds like a nice way of increasing throughput. Reading through the thread
it feels like there are different topics/problems mixed-up and the
discussion is becoming very complex already.

Therefore I would like to suggest that we streamline the discussion a bit,
maybe in a zoom.us session where we first give Tyson and Dragos the chance
to walk through the proposal and clarify questions of the audience. Once we
are all on the same page we could think of a discussion about the benefits
(improved throughput, latency) vs. challanges (resource sharing, crash
model, container lifetime, programming model) on the core of the proposal:
running multiple activations in a single user container. Once we have a
common understanding on that part we could step-up in the architecture and
discuss what's needed on higher components like invoker/load-balancer to
get this integrated.

(I said zoom.us session since I liked the one we had a few weeks ago. It
was efficient and interactive. If you like I could volunteer to setup the
session and/or writing the script/summary)

what do you think?

Many thanks in advance!

Jeremias