openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Mitchell <moose...@gmail.com>
Subject Introducing the OpenWhisk Shell
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 16:34:35 GMT
Hello everyone. I'd like to announce a cool new tool we're calling the
OpenWhisk Shell.

The shell offers a CLI, with a rich and easily extensible set of commands.
For example you can write `let foo = x=>x` to create an echo action; you
can write `let public/index.html = myPage.html` and have a web page up in
one line.

The tool also offers a graphical "sidecar" for visualizing some of complex
JSON structures returned by the OpenWhisk API. We're pretty excited by the
possibilities of this hybrid CLI-UI approach, and would love to hear your
feedback.

We'll be posting a series of medium posts ver the next few days.  here's
the first:  https://medium.com/@moosevan/introducing-openwhisk-shell-
70389d5cf1f2

... and a site (generated with a few simple Shell commands) with download
links, videos, and an intro to some of the commands:
https://openwhisk.ng.bluemix.net/api/v1/web/nickm_wskng_
demos/public/index.html

nick mitchell
@starpit