openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Boldt, Tim (GE Digital)" <Timothy.Bo...@ge.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk on Mesos
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:08:16 GMT
Duy,

Thanks for the updated PR! It contains the fixes I was looking for.

One of the concerns I have about the current situation is that the config assumes that OW
has carte-blanche permissions in Mesos. For example, both the registrator and invoker talk
directly to the Docker socket, several of the services use HOST networking, and most of the
services reserve dedicated ports instead of using randomly assigned ones. The owners of our
shared Mesos cluster don’t like me doing stuff like this. :-)

Are most OW-on-Mesos users assuming they will have a dedicated Mesos cluster for OW, or is
the intention to make OW work with a locked-down, shared cluster eventually?

Tim