openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving support for UI driven use cases
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 20:51:52 GMT

> it is quite common, for example to run nodejs applications that happily serve hundreds
or thousands of concurrent users,

I can see opportunities for treating certain actions as intrinsic for which this kind of gain
can be realized. Specifically actions which are performing network operations then computing
on the result. One can split the asynchronous io, and pack it into a more granular concurrency
engine. Intuitively, I think it's more likely to benefit this way and protect against concurrency
bugs and the like but using higher level action primitives.

-r