openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving support for UI driven use cases
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 22:31:07 GMT
> I’m not sure it would be worth it to force developers down a path of configuring actions
based on the network ops of the code within, compared to simply allowing concurrency.

I think it will happen naturally: imagine a sequence where the first operation is a request
and the rest is the processing. All such request ops can be packed densely. It's way of increasing
compute density without exposing users to details. It was just an example of where I can see
his paying off. If all the actions are compute heavy there won't be any concurrency in a nodejs
runtime. Also among the thoughts I have is how one can generalize this to apply to other language
runtimes.

-r