openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Allen <...@akrabat.com>
Subject PHP 7.1 support for OpenWhisk
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2017 14:12:08 GMT
Hi all,

I have raised a PR to implement native PHP 7.1 support in OpenWhisk. I’ve called this kind
`php:7.1`, as I expect we’ll want a 7.2, 7.3 etc.

This allows us to write PHP actions like this:

<?php
function main(array $args) : array
{
    $name = $args["name"] ?? "stranger";
    $greeting = "Hello $name!";
    return ["greeting" => $greeting];
}

I’ve tried to match the functionality of the other languages with support for --main to
change the action's entry function along with support for zip files of multiple PHP files,
along with providing tests and documentation that match that provided with the other languages.

The PR is at https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2415 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2415>
and I would appreciate all reviews and feedback.

Regards,

Rob...

--
Development thoughts at http://akrabat.com