openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Allen <...@akrabat.com>
Subject Re: PHP 7.1 support for OpenWhisk
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2017 20:12:05 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I intend to write up the process of adding a new kind. It wasn't too much work as there's
relatively few points to integrate now which is nice. The key thing is having a reasonably
efficient way to develop the action container and ensure it works. I used the advanced debugging
article on Medium, which allowed for running an action quickly without the rest of OpenWhisk
and seeing the stdout and stderr output.

As Carlos says, this is a contributor level type document so the docs/dev directory would
be the obvious place to put it.

Regards,

Rob...

> On 2 Jul 2017, at 18:15, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is great addition by community in addition someone recognize by the PHP community

> Rodric I  mentioned the same thing to Rob, to capture while is fresh and the PR is open
to at the minimum document how to introduce a new "kind doc"(i.e. "kind.md" ) including notes
on pain points that could be streamlined, but first I would ask for the minimum to doc what's
the current state and as we improved the doc gets updated to reflect improvements. It's OK
if this doc targets committers/contributors to core

> - Carlos Santana
> @csantanapr
>
>> On Jul 2, 2017, at 12:21 PM, Rodric Rabbah <rodric@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is the first action runtime contributed by the community! Kudos.
>>
>> I'm wondering if you have thoughts, while it's still fresh, on the effort for adding
new runtimes. Was this too much work? What could be made easier?

--
Development thoughts at http://akrabat.com
Daily Jotter for macOS at http://dailyjotter.com