openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David ZL Liu" <david....@cn.ibm.com>
Subject OpenWhisk persistency.
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 08:04:02 GMT
Hi all,

In OpenWhisk, if I try to persist  content, I found no existing packages
about it. Am I wrong, or is it that
OpenWhisk actions mainly focused on Compute, and storage or persistency
not considered?

Just FYR, I made a small action which integrated with swift client, and
could help persist content on IBM object storage
inside a OpenWhisk action.
https://github.com/lzbj/PodcastDownloader/blob/master/DownloaderAction.py
I referenced code from this blog:
https://developer.ibm.com/recipes/tutorials/use-python-to-access-your-bluemix-object-storage/

Is it a correct use of OpenWhisk action? do we need to consider more
storage types, such as NFS, block storage and consider
add a persistency package for OpenWhisk?

Best Regards,

David Liu
Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Open Technology
Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab
Tel: 86-10-82450423 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: David ZL Liu/China/IBM@IBMCN    E-mail: david.liu@cn.ibm.com
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193