openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Norris <tysonnor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kubernetes + packages with persistent services
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:49:28 GMT
I don't see any harm in adding deployment utilities for dependent services
to package repos, as long as deploying the package does not rely on them.
If this becomes overwhelming, they can be reorganized to other individual
repos per env+package, OR into the openwhisk-devtools repo. I think it can
be helpful to make packages more useable to new devs.

I also don't see any harm in keeping them in separate repos, except for the
hassle of dealing with more repos, which is not a great argument, but takes
away some ease of use for new devs.

If adding env-specific scripts, it may be helpful to add other envs as
placeholders (include a kube dir, a mesos dir, etc) indicating explicitly
that they are missing and need contributions, if anyone wants to use them.

Tyson