openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pluggable components in OpenWhisk
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:58:31 GMT
I haven't.  I saw that class and I just wanted to check if a contribution
would be accepted eventually.

I think this would make sense.  Think not only of other messaging providers
but the possibility of integrating with existing messaging solutions on
cloud.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:51 AM Tyson Norris <tnorris@adobe.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I haven’t heard anyone ask for this, but there is no reason it should not
> be possible to extract an interface for messaging; in fact it is mostly
> there already (see whisk.core.connector.MessageProducer), except for the
> binding aspect. Have you already implemented an alternate MessageProducer
> impl?
>

> > On Jun 13, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Tyson Norris <tnorris@adobe.com.invalid>
> wrote:
> >> Hi -
> >> I’ve seen the need for portions of OpenWhisk to be more “pluggable”,
> and seen similar comments in GitHub and dev list.
> >>
> >> Some areas I think are worthy of discussion are:
> >> - tracing
> >> - logging
> >> - container management (docker, runc, mesos, swarm, kubernets)
> >> - persistence (couchdb)
> >> - messaging (Kafka) (I haven’t heard any suggestions here, but it
> wouldn’t surprise me)
> >

> > Any plans to make messaging pluggable to other providers beyond Kafka?
>
> --
Clebert Suconic