openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Github Repos Moved and Website
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2017 22:05:02 GMT
It took some time, but we finally we reached a few milestones

1. All OpenWhisk github repos are now transferred to the apache
organization [1]
Please ignore the repo incubator-openwhisk-selfserve-test [2], we used this
repo for infra testing
Matt is going to create a table in the wiki with descriptions and links to
make it easier to find them, probably also good to have (some of the main
repos) on the website

2. The repo for the website got rename and transferred to
incubator-openwhisk-website [3]

3. Website automated deployment
The site is jekyll site since we were using github pages, but we kept it
the same and now being build by a Jenkins Build [4] on Apache jenkins
service. The site get's build and push to the branch asf-site, from there
infra has a gitsubpub that publishes the site

4. Website now https and under incubator domain [4]
openwhisk.incubator.apache.org
The website is published thru jenkins and gitsubpub, now on https
The site openwhisk.org continues to work, but now as a redirect to the
incubator site
Eventually when we graduate the site will be at openwhisk.apache.org and we
will update openwhisk.org and openwhisk.incubator.apache.org to redirect
there

This took some time as we need it to figure out how to get jenkins access,
get ruby and jekyll configured, and do it a blue/green swap so no down time.

[1] https://github.com/apache?q=incubator-openwhisk
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-selfserve-test
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-website
[4] https://openwhisk.incubator.apache.org