openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Bickel" <apa...@cbickel.de>
Subject Scale out of the controller
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 12:31:48 GMT
Hi OpenWhisk-developers,

currently we have the problem, that we can only deploy one controller. Reason for this is
some state, that is not shared across the controllers, which would result in a system which
is not stable anymore.

To be able, to deploy more than one controller, I already looked into this topic.
I've created a little document, to keep you on track and present you my ideas: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/wiki/Design-discussion-on-HA-of-controller
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/wiki/Design-discussion-on-HA-of-controller)
Maybe you also have some ideas/concerns, that I missed so far. Just leave them as comment.

There is also already a PR, which will address the first items that are described in the document
above. https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2205 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2205)

Greetings
Christian