openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Bickel" <apa...@cbickel.de>
Subject Re: I want to subscribe
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 06:03:55 GMT
Hi SangHeon,

Currently I'm also working on Contorller-HA. I'll put the mail, that I have written to the
dev list last week about this topic on the bottom of this mail.

But to shortly summarise it up:
- it is already possible to deploy an hot-standby controller.
- the next step will be to share the cache and the state of the controller.
- Some ideas I already have are written down here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/wiki/Design-discussion-on-HA-of-controller

If you have some more ideas, please let me know about them and/or write a comment to the wiki.
I'm looking forward to work with you.

Greetings
Christian

-----
Mail about controller scale-out:

Hi OpenWhisk-developers,

currently we have the problem, that we can only deploy one controller. Reason for this is
some state, that is not shared across the controllers, which would result in a system which
is not stable anymore.

To be able, to deploy more than one controller, I already looked into this topic.
I've created a little document, to keep you on track and present you my ideas: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/wiki/Design-discussion-on-HA-of-controller
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/wiki/Design-discussion-on-HA-of-controller)
Maybe you also have some ideas/concerns, that I missed so far. Just leave them as comment.

There is also already a PR, which will address the first items that are described in the document
above. https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2205 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/2205)

Greetings
Christian