openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Propose moving scanCode to independent "utilities" repo. (outside core openwhisk repo.)
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 14:27:10 GMT
It is my goal to have all repos. use the same scanCode (.py, .cfg, and
sample headers), but since this utility and its dependent files are under
the incubator-openwhisk repo. it makes it rather hard for other projects
to run it as part of Travis as it requires a clone of incubator-openwhisk
just to get at a handful of files (overkill).

In addition, it seems that there may other "utilities" (e.g., log, debug,
etc.) that we wish to share across all repos. and they need a place to
"live" outside the core openwhisk repository.

Given these issues and goals, I would like to propose the creation of an
"incubator-openwhisk-utilities" repo. (open to other names, but this seems
accurate and generic enough for other similar tools) where we can move
scanCode to and also be a home for "lightweight" utilities that are not as
cumbersome to clone when needed.

Any thoughts on this; would like to proceed on this with INFRA to move on
this proposal soon if no one objects.

Kind regards,
Matt