openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: white-listing @apache.org for slack
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 17:21:21 GMT
This came up early on when I saw that another project had white listed
domains.  However, it appears that this is only available for "enterprise
accounts according to Slack:

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/115001379947-Domain-whitelisting

Carlos as the admin. for the current Slack Team should be able to confirm
if he has the admin power to do this or not.

Here is a copy of text from an early email I sent to one or more mentors,
but do not recall the response other than my takeaway that "the community
can decide on how to use/leverage for social mediums/channels as long as
we defer to Apache email lists for serious topic discussions":

      -----

Many of our developers are reliant upon Slack communications, in the open
this is primarily under the dwOpen Team (especially for API Gateway work).

 As we want to try to move over existing message-based team communication
to the Apache community, we wish to preserve Slack as a mainstream
utility.  How do we do this?

I see that there is a precedent for the Mesos project to have a Slack
domain:
http://mesos.apache.org/community/

specifically: https://mesos.slack.com/

This site leverages existing User IDs from @apache.org, @ibm.com, etc. The

text in the login screen includes the following:

"If you have an @apache.org, @ibm.com, @cn.ibm.com, @us.ibm.com,
@apple.com, @mesosphere.com, @mesosphere.io, @microsoft.com, @uber.com,
@nvidia.com, @projectcalico.org, @metaswitch.com, @emc.com or
@mojotech.com email address, you can create an account."

How do we go about setting something up like this for OpenWhisk with these

additional domain-based account requirements?

------

So again, if we need an Enterprise account, how do we obtain (pay for) one
according to Apache?

Kind regards,
Matt Rutkowski