openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Marth <mma...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: factoring out "runtimes" into deployment configuration
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 12:20:41 GMT
Hi Rodric,

I think that’s great.

Only comment (more to Matt than you):
If the runtimes are dynamic by deployment (and of course over time) this probably should be
reflected in the packaging format spec [1].
(see also previous comment [2]:)

- line 252: not sure if the list of runtime names should be in the normative
section of a spec, because (as you also write) this list will fluctuate between
deployments and over time. OTOH there should be established well known names for
well-known runtimes. Maybe point to a community-curated, separate markdown file
(where new entries get a PR that can be voted upon)?

Cheers
Michael

[1] https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk-wskdeploy/blob/master/specification/openwhisk_v0.8.pdf
[2] http://markmail.org/message/pa35wxxl52tvbfxc