openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Cwiki OpenWhisk] Missing group
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:34:25 GMT
Hi Gavin

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards
Felix

Am 11.02.2017 um 13:37 schrieb Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au<mailto:gavin@16degrees.com.au>>:

On 6 Feb 2017, at 1:25 am, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com<mailto:fmeschbe@adobe.com>>
wrote:

Hi Infra

For OpenWhisk we do have a Confluence Wiki [1].

According to the Cwiki documentation [2] there should be an openwhisk-committers group.

Three questions:

(1) I seem to miss this group. Is that doc outdated ?

Yes

(2) If doc is outdated: Does this really mean we have to manually and individually set permissions
to all people ?

Yes, see this doc which was under the one you looked at:-

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Managing+permissions+on+your+project%27s+Confluence+Space<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Managing+permissions+on+your+project's+Confluence+Space>

(3) If doc is up-to-date: Could this group please be created ?

Not applicable yet. When we hook up Confluence to LDAP, we can revisit having projects able
to look after their own groups.

(3a) Follows-Up: And how would membership to the groups be managed ?

Right, currently only confluence-admins have access to add/remove from groups, which is why
we currently recommend
that wiki project admins just add people to the ‘Individual Users’ section as that is
self -service.

HTH

Gav…

Thanks