openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk.org content and updates
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 22:23:19 GMT
Daniel

This is great compose information and LGTM.

The only minor item is the term "third party service integrator" as is not
very clear what actually means.
> 3. The third party service integrator building packages that provide
triggers and feeds that they want to share with others.

To me is just any OpenWhisk user that wants to create a package that wants
to share it with another OpenWhisk. This user can be from the personal 1.
or it can be a small business sharing a package with some actions as sdk to
connect to their API services.

Maybe use a term like "Package authors/publishers/creators" (not sure which
one is better) people that already know well how to use OW as an user, but
getting more advance in terms of creating a package that it can share for
others and needs docs and guidance on how to best create the package and
integrate into OW for other users.
Basically someone looking for a section to read title "Creating and Sharing
Packages", maybe is the "third party service" what's not very clear maybe
drop it and call it just "Integrators", maybe that covers any type of
integration with OpenWhisk via packages, feeds, webhooks, docker runtimes,
etc..

--Carlos