openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Rodric Rabbah <rod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration through environment vs. Consul KV
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:22:49 GMT
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:20 PM, Dragos Dascalita Haut <ddascal@adobe.com>
wrote:

> I'm wondering if it would be easier to create a new docker container,
> extending the CouchDB one, and when it starts initially it checks for the
> DB, the tables, and if they're missing it configures them, or if table
> views need to be updated it updates them. Or is there an easier way ?

I thought [3] (A table for "api gateway configuration") was not needed
anymore (with the single source of truths).
Trading off ansible playbooks to configure container (2-3 REST calls) for a
docker build step.  I would approach this more generally as part of
systematically pushing the whisk images to Dockerhub.

-r