openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Slack channels
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:40:40 GMT
I agree Carlos, having a "dev" channel for developers (which mirrors the
"dev" email list) would be for a developer audience, but the general
channel would be for consumers/users.  Sounds like a perfect breakdown for
our current audience. We can always "page fault" in other channels as we
see fit around specific repos. or audiences as the traffic or need arises.

We will need to effectively channel (pun intended) existing dwOpen Slack
channel conversations here if possible and encourage joining.

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@openwhisk.apache.org" <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
Date:   01/25/2017 08:56 AM
Subject:        Slack channels

I was thinking to keep the number of channels to a minimum for now.

I think having at least 2 main channels for now:

A #dev channel and I was going to integrate Travis and Github
notifications
This will let us know things like when someone open new Issue or new PR

A #general channel this is the default that every joins, and keep this
notifications out of this channel.

What you guys think?

-- Carlos