openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Hi, My name is...
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:15:17 GMT
Hi Ioana,

as the Wiki describes, the PPMC membership would nominate and invite you
(please note that this role is a responsibility to Apache greater than
GitHub write access to repos.) as the linked Apache pages describing these
long-standing roles indicates.  These roles, for most developers, boil
down to "write/merge/issue mgmt" access or "read/pull request/issue
reporting" access in terms of GitHub (Committer/Contrib. respectively),
but Committer is much more than that in terms of engaging the Apache
project (membership) daily.

We understand that contributors within GitHub are limited to Read access
which does not allow issue tagging or assignment; for now please work with
a Committer for such issue management.

Please note that we are trying to adopt Apache tools/methods for
communication and streamline/transition existing sites which provide
functional overlap (alot has been done in the last 24 hours).  Please know
that #apache the quote that has been repeated to me often since joining
myself this past fall ... "if it doesn't happen on the "dev" list it
hasn't happened" (or some variant).

Meaning for any meaningful development discussion it SHOULD take place on
the dev list and/or the new Wiki (with cross linkage to the "Dev" list).
All other communication paths are not "official" but can be user by the
project for convenience (like Slack).

As noted in my invitation on this list in another thread... I indicated we
are trying to minimize info. duplication while being mindful that we need
to provide appropriate context to assure we send people (via links) to the
correct places; so some duplication may have to exist.

It is plain to see that many of us (myself included) are learning as we go
and existing Apache members and our mentors guide and correct us (am told
that is what is supposed to happen in an Incubator phase), that is to "get
it right for the Apache-way".

Kind regards,
Matt