openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OW project page, edit access
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 21:28:31 GMT
Hi Felix,

I followed the instructions for editing using the "Recommended Bookmarklet
" link provided from the link you provided:
https://cms.apache.org/incubator/

Nothing got installed; the javascript provided does not take you to a
valid location:
javascript:void(location.href='https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri='+escape(location.href))

Using this link produces a 404 "Not Found" error.  (unless you are
supposed to customize in some way not described?)

---

As an alternative, from the same top-level CMS page, I can use the "Get
incubator working copy" link and find a crude interface that shows website
source, but it does not contain a subdir for OpenWhisk (nor AriaTosca
which I checked to see if another known Incubator project had a subdir.).
but it implies i can edit and/or publish changes if I COULD find the
openwhisk page source, but it advises me not to use this (direct) method
(as described just below)

"Without this bookmarklet installed you will not be able to browse the
live site and instantly edit pages in the CMS by clicking on the
bookmarklet. This is an essential component of the CMS and is therefore
strongly recommended. "

Still cannot find our source our how to edit it.  Really hoping not to
have to use SVN just to update 1 HTML page.

Kind regards,
Matt