openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Ioana Baldini" <io...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Hi, My name is...
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:58:13 GMT
Greetings!

My name is Ioana Baldini. I am a Research Staff Member at IBM
Research. I've been contributing to the OpenWhisk project before it
became an open source project. Last year, my main contribution was the
implementation of sequences as first-class entities in our
system. Sequences is one of the features our users like the most.

In addition to my work in serverless and cloud infrastructure, I
collaborate with researchers from the Data science department from IBM
Research on projects related to Data Science for Social Good. We
partner with not-for-profit organizations, NGOs and social enterprises
to attack problems with social impact.

I'm originally from Romania, grew up on the Black Sea coast and did my
undergrad in Computer Science and Engineering at Poli in Bucharest
(official name University Politehnica of Bucharest). I've been in
North America for the last 15 years, first in Canada for my Masters
and PhD, and then in the US, interning with Intel, IBM Research and
now working full-time at IBM Research.

OpenWhisk is my first open source project. I would like to be promoted
to a contributor so I can fully participate in this project. Bonus: I
will improve ASF's diversity numbers :)

Looking forward to be working with everyone and be part of the
serverless revolution!

Cheers,
     Ioana

PS:
Congrats (and thank you!) to ASF for conducting the diversity survey and
making the results publicly available! Perhaps next time around, the
survey could include numbers on contributors vs. committers. Curios if
they are any different.