openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How do we fix the website link from our project page?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 19:38:15 GMT
I found this from a link from Isabel's link:

gitpubsub, which allows the static contents of a designated git repository
to be served as the website for a project. git based websites are
typically maintained in a asf-site branch to be published as
https://project.apache.org. They can be hosted from your primary project
repo. Typically these will be built as a jenkins job or a buildbot job. It
is recommended that you only have a single writer to the asf-site branch
to avoid potential conflicts.

but found this listed only as a publishing "method" but no link to how you
actually find/use this tool. Also, Jekyll already works without adding any
other tooling or Jenkins (highly desirable for maint. purposes and finding
someone to code/get this working)

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Matt Rutkowski/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   01/26/2017 01:28 PM
Subject:        Re: How do we fix the website link from our project page?

Please note that OW and the .org website existed in some form prior to
Incubation (as with many sites/processes, etc. surrounding the project)
and we are trying to get everything working as Apache expects, at the
earliest in our incubation.   A primary reason for moving cautiously is
that lose any of the hard-earned followers/users by shutting off domains
without a smooth transition plan.

Also, note we have donated multiple domain names associated with openwhisk

to Apache, if we do not (or cannot use them) then they can be allowed to
expire.

Then the question morphs into... how do we setup a server to host the
generated (Jekyll) website from our code repositories; currently, this
done by GitHub directly (using GitHUb pages feature; as described in
https://pages.github.com/) ?

<or> is it acceptable for us to simply use the
http://openwhisk.incubator.apache.org/ domain (instead of openwhisk.org)
within GitHub (pages feature) as the publishing destination (i.e., GitHub
hosts out of the code repo. directly (very efficient)?

Regardless, we have to figure out how we forward people who have
bookmarked the .org site since Feb. 2016.

Kind regards,
Matt