openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Load/performance/throughput tests
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:39:06 GMT
Hi Michael,

There are tests IBM uses within Bluemix which we had discussed open
sourcing to the project (long ago), but that discussion was buried with
all the Q4/end-of-year GA work being done.  Let me inquire again next week
and report back here.

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Michael Marth <mmarth@adobe.com>
To:     "dev@openwhisk.apache.org" <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
Date:   01/05/2017 07:44 AM
Subject:        Load/performance/throughput tests

Hi all,

I was wondering about load/performance/throughput tests for OpenWhisk. Is
there a recommended suite of tests for such concerns?

The background to my question:

  *   if one does changes to core components: how can we ensure that no
performance regressions are introduced?
  *   Also, I wondered if there was a “standard” way to measure the OW
performance characteristics on a specific environment (e.g. Cloud
provider, bare metal, etc)

Thanks a lot for pointers
Cheers
Michael