openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slack channels
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:26:38 GMT
Hi Isabel
TLDR;  no user list today, good to have as many communication channels to
grow the community

see any problem creating one and have it available as another channel for
users with questions.
But I would like to hear what others have to say about pros or cons of
having this users list in place.

I would love to know an easier way to get a link to an email thread,
currently I think I have to wait for pony [1] service to populate the
archive, and then get a link to the service.

I wish every email would have a footer with a direct link to the email
thread, maybe something we can ask INFRA

IMHO I think stackoverflow [2] would be the idea place to have the majority
of questions and answers located for end users of OpenWhisk to find their
answers.
At least searching online for dev questions I always find best answers
there.

Currently our team tracks StackOverflow via Slack notifications, your email
reminded me to also add StackOverflow notifications

But I think the more user channels we have the better, so having Github
Issue, Slack, Google Group Stackoverflow, email list, Twitter

Today majority of questions we get them via Slack, Stackoverflow, and
Github Issues.

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@openwhisk.apache.org
[2]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/openwhisk

--Carlos