openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Admin] Site
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:37:25 GMT
In regard, to # 3

What is the benefit of hosting a static HTML site (which would have to be
created) versus pursuing hosting of the javascript (static HTML
generation) site we already have in the OpenWhisk project (i.e.,
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk.github.io) which has been updated
for Apache (e.g., logoing and content)?  It would seem all we would need
is something to host the JS server (packaged perhaps in some container)?

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com>
To:     "dev@openwhisk.incubator.apache.org"
<dev@openwhisk.incubator.apache.org>
Date:   12/14/2016 07:19 AM
Subject:        Re: [Admin] Site

Hi

That sounds great. So we have:

(1) developer updates the site, commits to site-repo/master
(2) Jenkins Site build triggered from push
(3) Static HTML of site pushed to site-repo/asf-site
(4) gitpubsub kicks in an publishes the site

For the time being, I think we can still do steps (2) and (3) manually but
would get the automatically pushed site rather quickly.

This is probably again a question for Greg: Can we set this up even now in
the short term before even having transferred the Git repositories ?

Thanks
Felix