openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <mrutk...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Setting up an official Slack domain for openwhisk
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 20:17:56 GMT
Many of our developers are reliant upon Slack communications, in the open
this is primarily under the dwOpen Team (especially for API Gateway work).
 As we want to try to move over existing message-based team communication
to the Apache community, we wish to preserve Slack as a mainstream
utility.  How do we do this?

I see that there is a precedent for the Mesos project to have a Slack
domain:
http://mesos.apache.org/community/

specifically: https://mesos.slack.com/

This site leverages existing User IDs from @apache.org, @ibm.com, etc. The
text in the login screen includes the following:

"If you have an @apache.org, @ibm.com, @cn.ibm.com, @us.ibm.com,
@apple.com, @mesosphere.com, @mesosphere.io, @microsoft.com, @uber.com,
@nvidia.com, @projectcalico.org, @metaswitch.com, @emc.com or
@mojotech.com email address, you can create an account."

How do we go about setting something up like this for OpenWhisk with these
additional domain-based account requirements?

Kind regards,
Matt Rutkowski

STSM, Master Inventor, IBM Open Cloud Technologies and Standards
Apache OpenWhisk Incubator, Initial Committer
Chair, Lead Editor OASIS TOSCA Simple Profile WG,
Co-Chair OASIS TOSCA Interop. SC,
Founder of DMTF Cloud Audit (CADF) Standard
mrutkows@us.ibm.com,  mobile: 512-431-5002