openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject openwhisk.org needs to say "incubating"
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 07:58:22 GMT
Hi,

Unless I missed something, I don't see any mention of incubation
status at http://openwhisk.org/

That website should say "Apache OpenWhisk (incubating)", at least once
in a visible place on every page - ideally in the page header or
footer and also in the main titles of the the homepage and
http://openwhisk.org/about, IMO.

The incubation disclaimer, below, is also required.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html has more details, the
goal is to avoid any confusion as to the incubating status of
OpenWhisk.

Can someone fix this soon?

-Bertrand

The disclaimer is:

Disclaimer: Apache OpenWhisk is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other
successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a
reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does
indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.