openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject [Admin] OpenWhisk Source/Issues
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:59:47 GMT
Hi all

Currently we have a number of repositories in the OpenWhisk organization:

> • openwhisk - OpenWhisk is a serverless event-based programming service.
> • wskdeploy - Utility for managing OpenWhisk Projects
> • openwhisk.github.io - OpenWhisk website
> • openwhisk-package-kafka - OpenWhisk package for communicating with Kafka or Message
Hub
> • openwhisk-package-cloudant - JavaScript  4 Updated 3 days ago
> • openwhisk-package-alarms - JavaScript  2  4 Updated 3 days ago
> • awesome-openwhisk - Curated list of awesome OpenWhisk things ✨
> • openwhisk-client-js - JavaScript client library for the OpenWhisk platform
> • openwhisk-devtools - development tools for building and deploying OpenWhisk
> • openwhisk-debugger - The OpenWhisk debugger project
> • apigateway - Lua  2  2 Updated 4 days ago
> • openwhisk-catalog - OpenWhisk packages to interface with event producers and consumers
> • openwhisk-package-apigateway
> • openwhisk-package-pushnotifications - OpenWhisk Package for Bluemix Push Notifications
Service
> • openwhisk-client-go - Go
> • WhiskSwiftTools - A collection of tools to help developers use OpenWhisk
> • openwhisk-workshop - OpenWhisk workshop to help developers learn how to build serverless
applications using the platform.
> • openwhisk-client-swift - openwhisk-client-swift is a Swift client SDK for OpenWhisk
with support for iOS, WatchOS2, and Darwin CLI apps
> • openwhisk-sample-matos - sample application with Message Hub and Object Store
> • openwhisk-tutorial
> • openwhisk-package-rss - RSS feed package
> • openwhisk-python-cli
> • openwhisk-package-template - This is a template to be use when creating new packages
for OpenWhisk
> • openwhisk-vscode
> • openwhisk-slackbot-poc - A proof-of-concept Slackbot to invoke OpenWhisk actions.
> • openwhisk-podspecs - CocoaPods Podspecs repo for openwhisk-client-swift
> • openwhisk-package-jira
> • openwhisk-package-twilio
> • openwhisk-sdk-docker

I would think that we want to keep all these repositories hosted in GitHub.

Questions I think to be handled with INFRA:

  * Do we have to move the repos to the apache org [2] ?
      * If yes: what happens with the OpenWhisk org ? (I would think we should somehow block
it)
      * If no : will Infra take over control of the org ?

  * Configure EMail notifications:
      * Push notifications to the commits list
      * Pull Requests: commits list or dev list

  * Keep issue tracking in GitHub
      * Ensure Issue event EMails are sent to our @issues list
      * Do we have an issue tracker on each repository or a single one ?

Sergio already recorded JIRA tickets for this topic:

  * INFRA-13011 [1] for source code
  * INFRA-13012 [3] for the issues which AFAICT depends on INFA-13011

What do you think ?

Regards
Felix

[2] https://github.com/apache/