openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OWB not discovering classes from jar files in classpath.
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:33:56 GMT
Le 29 déc. 2016 01:05, "Greg Trasuk" <trasukg@trasuk.com> a écrit :

Thank you Mark and Romain for replying.

@Romain - yes, if I set xbean.finder.use.get-resources=true, it seems to
work.  Is there any downside to setting it?  Is there a configuration file
that it can go into rather than a system property?  I tried putting the
setting into META-INF/openwebbeans/openwebbeans.properties, but it didn’t
work there.  Is there a similar mechanism for xbeans?

>> it is just a perf downside. No other config sadly.

@Mark - I tried the 1.7.1-SNAPSHOT and it has the same behavior.

The funny thing is that I also tried using the JarArchive class from xbeans
to read the file directly, and it works fine.

>> if so you can use a custom scanner service probably

If you’re curious about the project, it’s at https://github.com/trasukg/
jini-adv-api-sdk

Thanks again!

Greg.

> On Dec 27, 2016, at 5:33 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>

> Hi Greg!
>
> First, welcome to OpenWebBeans and merry Christmas or Hanukka or just
holidays!

> We recently improved our URL handling a bit as well, could you please try
out our latest snapshot?
> Should be deployed to the apache.snpshots repo or just build our trunk
with mvn clean install.

> A sample project would help as well.
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> Am 27.12.2016 um 09:30 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com
>:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> can you try setting the system property xbean.finder.use.get-resources
to true please? If it works it is due to the Jini classloader.

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

>> Hello:
>>
>> I’m trying to use OpenWebBeans to implement CDI with an extension inside
a specialized container for Jini services.  You can see the main class at
https://github.com/trasukg/jini-adv-api-sdk/blob/master/
adv-api-bootstrap/src/main/java/org/apache/river/container/advapi/Main.java

>> When I run the class from inside Netbeans, it picks up the main class
and the extension just fine, outputting the following:

>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle
bootstrapApplication
>> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AbstractMetaDataDiscovery
addWebBeansXmlLocation
>> INFO: added beans archive URL: file:/Users/trasukg/
NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-bootstrap/target/
classes/META-INF/beans.xml
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
beforeBeanDiscovery
>> INFO: beginning the scanning process
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
processAnnotatedType
>> INFO: scanning type: org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
processAnnotatedType
>> INFO: scanning type: org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
afterBeanDiscovery
>> INFO: finished the scanning process
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:20 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer
validateInjectionPoints
>> INFO: All injection points were validated successfully.
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:20 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle
bootstrapApplication
>> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took [206] ms.
>> Here's me running the app.
>> And the extension is:org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension@
61f8bee4
>> We retrieved the main class
>>
>> But when I run inside the Jini service starter, which sets up a custom
classloader, the extension loads, but OpenWebBeans doesn’t find the classes
in the jar file.  Output is below:

>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle
bootstrapApplication
>> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AbstractMetaDataDiscovery
addWebBeansXmlLocation
>> INFO: added beans archive URL: jar:file:/Users/trasukg/
NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-hello-home/target/
adv-api-hello-home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/lib/adv-api-
bootstrap.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
beforeBeanDiscovery
>> INFO: beginning the scanning process
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
afterBeanDiscovery
>> INFO: finished the scanning process
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer
validateInjectionPoints
>> INFO: All injection points were validated successfully.
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle
bootstrapApplication
>> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took [170] ms.
>> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main main
>> SEVERE: null
>> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>>        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1431)
>>        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:1453)
>>        at org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main.main(Main.java:49)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
>>        at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceWithMainMethodDescripto
r.create(ServiceWithMainMethodDescriptor.java:394)
>>        at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.create(
ServiceStarter.java:264)
>>        at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.
processServiceDescriptors(ServiceStarter.java:422)
>>        at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.main(
ServiceStarter.java:453)

>> The big difference that jumps out at me is the url that’s added for the
bean archive url.  In the working case, it is:
>> INFO: added beans archive URL: file:/Users/trasukg/
NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-bootstrap/target/
classes/META-INF/beans.xml

>> In the non-working case, it is:
>> INFO: added beans archive URL: jar:file:/Users/trasukg/
NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-hello-home/target/
adv-api-hello-home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/lib/adv-api-
bootstrap.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml

>> i.e. in the non-working case it’s a classpath resource that’s inside a
jar file in the class path rather than a url that points to a file in the
file system.  I’m surprised this would be a problem, given that OWB works
fine inside Tomcat, which would also be using a specialized classloader.