openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: OWB not discovering classes from jar files in classpath.
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2016 10:33:44 GMT

Hi Greg!

First, welcome to OpenWebBeans and merry Christmas or Hanukka or just holidays!

We recently improved our URL handling a bit as well, could you please try out our latest snapshot?
Should be deployed to the apache.snpshots repo or just build our trunk with mvn clean install.

A sample project would help as well.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 27.12.2016 um 09:30 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi
>
> can you try setting the system property xbean.finder.use.get-resources to true please?
If it works it is due to the Jini classloader.

container for Jini services.  You can see the main class at https://github.com/trasukg/jini-adv-api-sdk/blob/master/adv-api-bootstrap/src/main/java/org/apache/river/container/advapi/Main.java

> When I run the class from inside Netbeans, it picks up the main class and the extension
just fine, outputting the following:

> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle bootstrapApplication
> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AbstractMetaDataDiscovery
addWebBeansXmlLocation
> INFO: added beans archive URL: file:/Users/trasukg/NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-bootstrap/target/classes/META-INF/beans.xml
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension beforeBeanDiscovery
> INFO: beginning the scanning process
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension processAnnotatedType
> INFO: scanning type: org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension processAnnotatedType
> INFO: scanning type: org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:19 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension afterBeanDiscovery
> INFO: finished the scanning process
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:20 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer validateInjectionPoints
> INFO: All injection points were validated successfully.
> Dec 26, 2016 7:40:20 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle bootstrapApplication
> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took [206] ms.
> Here's me running the app.
> And the extension is:org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension@61f8bee4
> We retrieved the main class
>
> But when I run inside the Jini service starter, which sets up a custom classloader, the
extension loads, but OpenWebBeans doesn’t find the classes in the jar file.  Output is below:

> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle bootstrapApplication
> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container is starting...
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AbstractMetaDataDiscovery
addWebBeansXmlLocation
> INFO: added beans archive URL: jar:file:/Users/trasukg/NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-hello-home/target/adv-api-hello-home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/lib/adv-api-bootstrap.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension beforeBeanDiscovery
> INFO: beginning the scanning process
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.AdvAPIExtension afterBeanDiscovery
> INFO: finished the scanning process
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer validateInjectionPoints
> INFO: All injection points were validated successfully.
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.webbeans.lifecycle.AbstractLifeCycle bootstrapApplication
> INFO: OpenWebBeans Container has started, it took [170] ms.
> Dec 26, 2016 7:43:00 PM org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main main
> SEVERE: null
> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>         at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1431)
>         at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:1453)
>         at org.apache.river.container.advapi.Main.main(Main.java:49)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
>         at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceWithMainMethodDescriptor.create(ServiceWithMainMethodDescriptor.java:394)
>         at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.create(ServiceStarter.java:264)
>         at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.processServiceDescriptors(ServiceStarter.java:422)
>         at org.apache.river.tools.rt.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:453)
>
> The big difference that jumps out at me is the url that’s added for the bean archive
url.  In the working case, it is:
> INFO: added beans archive URL: file:/Users/trasukg/NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-bootstrap/target/classes/META-INF/beans.xml
>
> In the non-working case, it is:
> INFO: added beans archive URL: jar:file:/Users/trasukg/NetBeansProjects/jini-adv-api-sdk/adv-api-hello-home/target/adv-api-hello-home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/lib/adv-api-bootstrap.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml
>
> i.e. in the non-working case it’s a classpath resource that’s inside a jar file in
the class path rather than a url that points to a file in the file system.  I’m surprised
this would be a problem, given that OWB works fine inside Tomcat, which would also be using
a specialized classloader.