openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RestEasy and openwebbeans
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 20:53:32 GMT
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM "PÉNET LUDOVIC" <l.penet@senat.fr> wrote:

> John D. Ament a écrit :
> > Ludovic,
> >
> > The 3.0 line of resteasy should work with OWB 1.6 without any issues.
> > Please do report back any issues you might encounter.  Make sure you
> > leverage the resteasy-cdi module.
> Thank you very much for this quick reply.
>
> If I may ask an additionnal question : which solution did you retain for
> unit tests ? Do you think that things will go smooth if I do them with
> undertow, as described in REStEasy doc
>
> http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/3.0.17.Final/userguide/html_single/index.html#d4e1462
> ?

Well, those sound more like component tests not unit tests to me.  If
you're using tomcat, I would use tomcat embedded for this use case.  Apache
DeltaSpike has a simple tutorial on creating an embedded tomcat which may
help you here

https://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/container-control.html#EmbeddedServletSupport

The Undertow Jaxrs Server is really just a wrapper for the bootstrap
mechanisms for Undertow ( see here:
https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/blob/master/server-adapters/resteasy-undertow/src/main/java/org/jboss/resteasy/plugins/server/undertow/UndertowJaxrsServer.java).
You could accomplish the same w/ tomcat and owb servlet modules.
http://openwebbeans.apache.org/openwebbeans-tomcat.html

John