openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OWB, Servlets and Jetty 9
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:09:37 GMT
Hi Steve,

think we are very few to use jetty and with modern tooling (tomee embedded,
tomcat embedded etc) jetty request kind of decreased I think.

To make it work you would need to wrap the InstanceManager instantiating
servlets/filters of jetty to add CDI integration there. This is pretty
close of what tomcat integration does (
https://github.com/apache/openwebbeans/blob/trunk/webbeans-tomcat7/src/main/java/org/apache/webbeans/web/tomcat7/TomcatInstanceManager.java
).

BTW out of curiosity: why didn't you choose tomee instead of integrating it
all yourself?

Romain Manni-Bucau