openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nullpointer in WebContextsService
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 12:47:36 GMT
Right, Deltaspike hides the ugly that you call a boolean method but instead
of false you get ContextNotActiveException. One of the more mystical parts
of the specification if you ask me. Maybe you are refereeing to how the
BeanManager should behave if the thread is not managed?

It is simply a little bit over my head but at least nothing in the javadoc
for ContextUtils in deltaspike forbids usage from unmanaged threads and
frankly if that was a requirement it seems like a poor idea to offer such
static methods in the first place since managed threads have
injectionpoints.

Regarding a JIRA och a patch: I will take care of it.

Thanks for helping me understanding this better

cheers / Kalle