openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From karl.kil...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Weld to OWB migration
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 17:04:58 GMT
Also

For a maven user this doc[1] is ok afaik. It explains what to add and the download page lists
all maven deps.

[1] http://openwebbeans.apache.org/owbsetup_ee.html

> 27 nov. 2015 kl. 15:41 skrev Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
>
> Hi ludovic!
>
> This is not needed anymore with OWB-1.6 where we store the stuff natively in the session.
>
> Lucas, the main question is whether you use injection in servlets, servlet filters or
servlet listeners. If you don’t have that then all you need to do is to add a few owb libs
and add WebBeansConfigurationListener to your web.xml.
> Do you have something to share on github? Otherwise just continue to ask and we will
guide you through.

> LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 27.11.2015 um 14:36 schrieb l.penet@senat.fr:
>>
>> On 27/11/2015 14:10, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> you can but not using owb-tomcat integration, just openwebbeans-web (+ its dependencies)
should work.

>>> OWB is known to not work deterministicly with seam cause seam was relying on
Weld implementation (ie was not respecting the spec).

>>> If you want to migrate (and not just try) you will probably need to go to deltaspike
as well.
>> If you do not properly use openwebbeans-tomcat7, by putting it in tomcat/lib, you
will not have OwbSecurityFilter (org.apache.webbeans.web.tomcat7.TomcatSecurityFilter) and
so you will not have protection against session fixation (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_fixation
).