openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Weld to OWB migration
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:41:24 GMT
Hi ludovic!

This is not needed anymore with OWB-1.6 where we store the stuff natively in the session.

Lucas, the main question is whether you use injection in servlets, servlet filters or servlet
listeners. If you don’t have that then all you need to do is to add a few owb libs and add
WebBeansConfigurationListener to your web.xml.
Do you have something to share on github? Otherwise just continue to ask and we will guide
you through.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 27.11.2015 um 14:36 schrieb l.penet@senat.fr:

>> Hi
>>
>> you can but not using owb-tomcat integration, just openwebbeans-web (+ its dependencies)
should work.

>> OWB is known to not work deterministicly with seam cause seam was relying on Weld
implementation (ie was not respecting the spec).

>> If you want to migrate (and not just try) you will probably need to go to deltaspike
as well.
> If you do not properly use openwebbeans-tomcat7, by putting it in tomcat/lib, you will
not have OwbSecurityFilter (org.apache.webbeans.web.tomcat7.TomcatSecurityFilter) and so you
will not have protection against session fixation (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_fixation
).